Safe food matters! That’s why it’s important to have a trained and certified team handling your customers' food. We know the importance of food safety certification. We also know it takes a commitment of resources to get there. That’s why IDDBA offers reimbursement to our retail members who certify dairy, deli, and bakery associates and managers.
What is the Food Safety Certification Reimbursement Program?
- Reimbursement up to $2,000 per year for certification exams
- Submit an application along with a roster of certified employees, an official pass list or certificates, and an invoice showing the cost per exam.
Who is eligible?
- Member retail companies are eligible to participate in the program. Check to see if your company is an IDDBA Member »
- Reimbursement is for store-level dairy, deli, or bakery department managers or associates who passed one of the following exams:
- Prometric – Certified Professional Food Manager
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals – Food Safety Manager Certification or FMI's SafeMark
- ServSafe – ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
When are applications due?
What else should I know?
If you haven't been in school for at least 3 years, just let us know and you won’t have to dig out a dusty transcript.